What should we know about Vata dosha?
The main characteristics of the Vata dosha are as follows:
- It is composed of the Ether and Air elements.
- Vata individuals tend to be lean.
- They are physically active but tire easily.
- They are talkative and possess a developed intellect.
- They have difficulty making decisions.
- Their attention easily gets distracted.
Foods and tastes that have a positive effect on Vata dosha:
Warm, heavy, oily, sweet, sour, and salty.
Foods and tastes that have a negative effect:
Cold, light, dry, spicy, bitter, and astringent.
Imbalances of Vata dosha:
Imbalances in Vata dosha can lead to restlessness, nervousness, fear, digestive issues, dry and cracked skin, nervous system disorders, tremors, spasms, seizures, twitching, paralysis, muscle cramps, bloating, headaches, and movement disorders.
Factors contributing to high Vata levels:
Lack of sleep, eating in a hurried manner, working in shifts, lack of skin oiling, drug use.
What can be done to improve Vata dominance?
To improve Vata dominance, it is beneficial to wear warm clothing, consume warming, oily, sweet, sour, and salty foods, maintain a regular routine in daily life, and ensure sufficient sleep.